Welcome to the first edition of On the Line in the year 2017. On today’s show, I will revisit some of the favorite interviews from the past 12 months in 2016. We first start off with an interview with the former ambassador of Sao Tome and Prince, Ambassador António Quintas that I did in early 2016. Taiwan severed diplomatic ties on Dec.21, 2016 with Sao Tome and Principe, a West African country that established ties with Taiwan in 1997.
Some of the interviews include:
1. Former UK representative in Taiwan, Mr.Chris Wood. Mr.Wood left Taiwan in late August for a new
appointment in Beijing.
2. The Ambassador of St.Lucia, Ambassador Hubert Emmanuel .Saint Lucia is an island country
located in the eastern Caribbean Sea and opened an embassy in Taiwan in June, 2015.
3. Datuk Adeline Leong, the representative of Malaysian Friendship and Trade Centre (MFTC)
4. Former Ambassador of Nauru , Ambassador Ludwig Dowong Keke. Ambassador Keke assumed his
post in 2007 and left in August 2016.
5. DPP Legislator Liu Shyh-Fang
6. Burkina Faso Foreign Minister Alpha Berry
7. Ambassador Ismet Erikan, Representative, Turkish Trade Office in Taipei
8. Mr.Achilles Yeh, the representative of the Mozambique Investment Promotion Centre